Our work is based on scientific research performed and published by globally renowned institutions, companies and experts. The following list provides an overview of some important sources referred to on this website.
- UN Population Division (2019), File POP/8-1: Total population (both sexes combined) by broad age group, region, subregion and country, 1950-2100 (thousands) World Economic Forum. Global Risks Report 2020. https://reports.weforum.org/global-risks-report-2020/false-positive/
- Eurostat (2018), https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=Population_structure_and_ageing/de#Der_Anteil_.C3.A4lterer_Menschen_nimmt_weiter_zu
- World Economic Forum. Global Risks Report 2020, https://reports.weforum.org/global-risks-report-2020/false-positive/
- OECD/EU (2018), Health at a Glance: Europe 2018: State of Health in the EU Cycle, OECD Publishing, Paris.
Under- prioritization of prevention
- Gerteis J., Izrael D., Deitz D., et al. Multiple Chronic Conditions Chartbook. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2014.
- Pieh, C., Budimir, S., & Probst, T. (2020). The effect of age, gender, income, work, and physical activity on mental health during coronavirus disease (COVID-19) lockdown in Austria. Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 136, 110186
- OECD/EU (2018), Health at a Glance: Europe 2018: State of Health in the EU Cycle, OECD Publishing, Paris. https://doi.org/10.1787/health_glance_eur-2018-en
- Petterson, S., Westfall, J., & Miller, B. F. (2020). Projected deaths of despair during the coronavirus recession. Well Being Trust, 8, 2020.
- OECD 2018, https://www.oecd.org/newsroom/mental-health-problems-costing-europe-heavily.htm
- GfsBern(2017)/VSAO (2020), Woolhandler, S., & Himmelstein, D. U. (2014). Administrative work consumes one-sixth of US physicians' working hours and lowers their career satisfaction. International Journal of Health Services, 44(4), S. 635-642.